Security & Privacy
Information we may collect from you
a) Information you give us. You may give us information about you when you use our Services by for example, filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Sites, search for a product, place an order on our Sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Sites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, gender and photograph. If you apply for or inquire about a job opening with us, we may also collect additional information about you, such as your work history and other information in connection with your application.
b) Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Experience Team.
c) Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
a) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or to respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with information and marketing materials about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or to tell you about upcoming events or to carry out surveys or questionnaires for the purposes of improving our Services and your shopping experience;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- To notify you about changes to our services or if there is a problem with your delivery;
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To investigate the validity of a transaction, in the event that we have a reasonable suspicion of fraud (we conduct routine online fraud prevention measures);
- For customer service purposes, to contact you if you have not checked out, to follow up on abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Sites.
b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Sites about goods or services that may interest you or them, or to contact you if you have not checked out or to follow up on abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Sites.
Disclosure of your information
Our policy is to not share the information described above with third parties outside of Zeon Ltd without prior consent. We may, however, share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances including to:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example:
(a) We pass your delivery address and telephone number to our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery;
(b) We pass certain personal information to third party payment management companies to enable them to verify your credit or debit card details;
(c) We may pass your details to service providers who help us deliver the App;
(d) We pass certain purchasing information and use of discounts to business partners who facilitate such discount schemes, provided you have previously registered with them.
(e) We pass your personal information to business partners who provide us with and assist us in operating customer service management software, designed to improve and manage our interaction with customers and your customer service experience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we plan to merge with or be acquired by that third party or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or court order or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions
- If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss to us; prevent or report suspected illegal activity; protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you otherwise consent or direct us to share your information with third parties.
If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Braun Clocks, you can do so by following the instructions in the email or by logging into your online account.
Please note that if you decide to opt out it may take a few days to process your opt-out request and that you may continue to receive promotional or marketing materials during this time. Also, please note that opting out of receiving will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions.
Where we store your personal data
We use cyber security best practices to prevent the unauthorised use, access, or disclosure of your personal information. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology and card data are processed by PCI compliant payment providers.
While we strive to protect your personal information, no system can ever be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information; any transmission is at your own risk. You can help protect your online personal data by following these safety tips:
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out and close the browser when you complete an online session.
- Keep passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, a combination of letters and numbers is best.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- You should use your own virus protection software and keep it up to date.
- If there has been (or you suspect) an unauthorised use of your password or account, please notify us immediately.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Access to information
If you would like to see a copy of the personal data we hold on you then please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org A small fee will be payable.
Third Party Sites